Our optometrist, Guy Lessard, O.D., is available for eye examinations by appointment.
- 1987 graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- 1988 graduate of a primary care residency, The Eye Institute of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Member of the New Hampshire Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association
- Board of Directors – New Hampshire Optometric Association
- Past President – New Hampshire Optometric Association
- Board of Directors – New Hampshire Association for the Blind
Do you know the difference?
An optometrist is a Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) who is trained in the study of vision. The optometrist performs routine eye care, conducts eye examinations and prescribes corrective lenses.
An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor (MD) trained to perform corrective eye surgery.
An optician is trained to interpret prescriptions, create and fit eyeglasses, but is not licensed to treat or examine patients.